Importance of Women’s Health PCR Panel Testing
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are major causes of acute illness and infertility worldwide. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates 499 million new cases of STDs occur annually worldwide in adults aged 15-49 years.
- Bacterial vaginosis (BV), a type of vaginal inﬂammation caused by the overgrowth of bacteria naturally found in the vagina, upsetting the natural balance, is the most common vaginal infection in women ages 15-44.
Why Get Tested
- Having BV can increase your chance of getting other STDs, such as chlamydia and gonorrhea. Identifying infections early can help prevent the spread of the infection before it becomes a more serious STD.
- Can sometimes cause pelvic inﬂammatory disease (PID), which can make it different for women to have children.
- Testing by PCR identifies exact organism causing infection and provides an accurate and reliable diagnosis (high sensitivity & speciﬁcity).
Advanced molecular testing that provides quick and accurate results leading to effective treatments for Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) and VC infections.
Reflex to MRSA
Streptococcus agalactiae (GBS)
It is highly imperative to get tested if you have any itching or burning symptoms. Having BV can increase your chances of getting other STDs.
Testing identifies pathogens which are difficult to culture and can identify bacteria after recent antibiotic use.